WAPA Government in the state of Arizona provided IS International with a very challenging and interesting project. WAPA has two capacitor banks located in Arizona which had a serious failure preventing operation of both banks. In addition, the S5 Controller controlling the banks lost its programs and there was no back-up for the programs. The scope of this upgrades project include:
- Initiated the engineering walk down
- Scavenged documentation and deciphered the rest
- Brainstormed the customer to develop the sequence of operation for the Banks.
- Mobilized a prep team to identify and label the entire system that was to be modified
- Design teams worked in tandem designing the new system and developing conversion plans while the other team developed the PLC code.
- Split the banks controls and provided one Siemens S7 controller per bank for more reliability.
- Engineered a new protocol to interface new to old.
- Performed multiple layers of testing at IS facilities and then invited WAPA team to witness the testing.
- Performed system installation
After successful field commissioning of the new system configuration, both capacitor banks went on line on time and without incident.
Learn more about our systems integration here